The most efficient way to evaluate your collection
Making the proper collection purchasing decisions is vital to the success of a library but how do you decide what content to renew or cancel? How do you compare the value of one title against another?
SwetsWise Selection Support can help you to evaluate the usage, impact factor and price-per-use of your electronic holdings in a quick and efficient manner. You can easily see which publications your users most appreciate and which are rarely used. Analyze the usage of your subscribed titles, compare prices against other vendors and similar titles and make more informed collection decisions.
SwetsWise Selection Support offers you:
- An intuitive evaluation tool, combining usage statistics, subscription details and price information into one clear overview
- Sophisticated, COUNTER compliant reporting functionality to analyze your electronic resources by package or individual title
- Accurate price-per-use information for every e-journal, enabling you to examine your acquisitions and renewals effectively
- Intelligent impact factor analysis tools, powered by Scimago, for gauging the effectiveness of a title over a three year period
SwetsWise Selection Support offers you a unique insight into the activity of your library’s collection. Want to know how we can help you to analyze, evaluate and improve the overall value of your collection?
Contact us today or download our fact sheet or the platform list which you can find in the Information Center.
SwetsWise Selection Support is the most complete evaluation and analysis tool currently available for making collection development decisions. Extract the most value from the titles in your collection by balancing cost, usage and relevance data against each other and utilize that information to make effective acquisition and renewal choices.
Save time and increase your efficiency
- Benefit from a pre-populated publication overview with title, price and usage information for all electronic subscriptions managed via SwetsWise
- Simplifies your workload by utilizing award-winning ScholarlyStats technology to automatically collect your usage statistics
- Retain a complete overview of your entire journal collection by uploading additional publications and/or price and usage information
- Create packages of publications to reflect your acquisitions of big deals
Analyze the impact of your collection
- Gain in depth analysis on the performance and status of every title in your collection
- Generate and download SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) data reports, developed by Scimago, to measure the visibility and impact of a title.
- SJR reports use a similar algorithm to the Google PageRank™, eliminating self-citations when excessive and provide extensive coverage of over 18,000 journals, including many non-English language titles
Make better informed collection decisions
- Utilize a wealth of standardized reports to uncover usage trends within your collection, including low-usage journals and price-per-use
- Create a range of tailor made, user specific reports
- Generate different types of charts for direct insight into usage and price per use combined with subscription information
- Easily compare journals, packages and databases from different publishers to find the inherent value of each publication
Unique possibilities for Consortia customers
- Share usage information with your consortium
- Create consortium-wide reports for usage information
- Analyze the usage behavior of the consortium collection by supplier, individual institution or as a whole
Contact us today or download our fact sheet from the Information Center.